-

-

Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation Bible School 2011 - Big Apple Adventure

The kids got to spend a week in NYC in the middle of June! Not really, but we pretended we were there. (Ahem, "good" parents try to feed their child's imagination. Or something.)

We spent some time up at church before the week started, getting everything ready for the mass of children that come to visit each year for Vacation Bible School. Due to the fact that I had a newborn and three other young children, I wasn't able to be as helpful as I would have liked to be beforehand, but it all worked out. 

I was so lucky to get to work in the crafts room with Kim Deviney again this year. I love her, and I love working with the little kids on their art projects. The crafts this year were pretty cute! Anyway, our room...

Ooooh...so "artist-y."
Yes, I made up that word.

 And Lady Liberty herself.
On cardboard boxes.
Hey, it's cool! You just wish you had one.

It was such a busy week! We had so many kids coming through the church each day - the daily average was over 200! I didn't have much time to go and take pictures of my kids enjoying VBS, but I got a few shots. On the last day, Uncle Pete came and helped out, and I sent him off with my camera to find the munchkins. 

And now, for your viewing pleasure (or just mine), gratuitous photos of my children:

The NYC, um, "skyline."

Zoe, making a taxicab.

Nicky's taxi.

Zoe and her new best friend, Kassie, making a T-shirt.

Nicholas making his shirt.

Ethan with his group during Bible study time.

Nicholas and Zoe with their group, making a craft.


Other than crying and eating, this was the extent of Anna's participation in VBS. Next year, she'll be tearing it up!

Ethan, sewing an apple.

He has a "bubble" in his mouth.
(That's a nice way of getting large groups of loud kids to be quiet.) 

All in all, it was a great week! A little hectic with a couple of small panicky moments, but it all worked out. VBS is such an amazing ministry tool, and I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of it this year. I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment