Random stats: Matthew is currently 21 pounds and 29 inches tall. He is cruising around on all the furniture in the house, and can walk with assistance. He hasn't taken independent steps yet, but I think it will probably happen soon! He dances to music, waves "bye," claps his hands, babbles like crazy, and is getting into everything! His current favorite "trouble zone" is the kitchen drawer where I keep the plastic food storage containers. I spend a lot of time tracking down lids these days. He also likes to throw things (usually soft, bouncy balls, but he'll also throw more dangerous items if we're not watching him carefully!). He has the sweetest personality, he's incredibly laid-back, and he loves to hug and cuddle with me. Cutest baby EVER!
Anyway, on to the party!
A few months ago, I asked the kids what kind of birthday party we should have for Matt, and Ethan's immediate, enthusiastic response was, "A zoo party!" I thought it was a super cute idea!
Here's the cake!
I couldn't resist.
I set up a hot dog bar with a ton of different toppings. We also had a menu with some suggestions for creative hot dogs, like the "Chicago Dog," the "BBQ Dog," and the "Salty Dog." I think people had lots of fun making them! Some were really pretty good! I chickened out when it came to the sauerkraut, though. So much for my German heritage.
Matt with his Grammy, Great-Grandma, and Grandma.
(That's just funny, actually.)
Grandpa and Matt.
Arturo and Zoe.
(I think she might have a bit of a crush. Sorry, Hannah.)
One lucky mommy!
Zoe was ready to blow out the candle for Matt!
"Wait, what was that I just ate? It was good!"
"Hmmm..."
"Oh, yeah. I can totally clean the plate! This stuff is awesome!"
Then we opened some presents (with a lot of helpers)!
I think he really enjoyed all the fun boxes and paper, though he had no clue what was inside.
And, after a little nap, he found some balloons!
Matthew had a great first birthday, and the party was awesome. Thanks to everyone who came and brought him a gift! We love our Matt-Matt, and can't believe he's already ONE!
















No comments:
Post a Comment