Wow. I'm really behind. To be fair, there has been a LOT going on over here, so it's been a little difficult to actually sit down and type something. Also, I had a lot of pictures to sort through and edit, so that took some time. Cut me some slack. :)
Nicholas was so excited to be there!
Ethan, proudly writing his name in the sand.
Zoe and Daddy.
The weather was beautiful while we were there!
A few thunderheads, but it only rained at night.
The second day, we spent a long time out at the beach in the mid-morning. I got the worst sunburn I have ever had. Bad, bad, bad. It's STILL peeling...weeks later! Not a pleasant experience, I'll tell you.
On Sunday, the day before we left, Nicholas started running a temperature of 104. I have no idea what happened. He had no other symptoms, and once we got his fever down, he was back to running around and playing! Also, the poor child got attacked by the insane swarms of mosquitoes that were hanging around that weekend, so his face was all swollen from being bitten. Poor kid...
Sick little monkey.
Also that day, Zoe almost lost her left eye. She stumbled and hit the sharp corner of a glass coffee table with her face. Such a close call!
Nice, huh?
Anyway, apart from these things (and the mosquitoes), we had a good time.
Feeding the gulls.
The kids loved all the sharks outside the stores.
On the ferry, going home.
We got home safely on Monday afternoon, shook the sand out of our belongings, and started the 473 loads of laundry that it was going to take to get us back to normal around here. Why are vacations so much work? Oh, well. It was nice to break the routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment