There are very few moments of sanity during any given day at our house. I've had so many people tell me that I need to take time for myself and enjoy this pregnancy just as I enjoyed the first one. Right. These people don't live with me, obviously.
Anyway, I randomly went to the Babycenter website one day while the kids were napping, and was checking out information on Baby's due date, size, and all the things that were going on in my belly that week, when I noticed the "Community" feature. Once I was inside, I found a group of ladies that were all due in the same month I was!
To make a very long story much, much shorter, after some time in the main group, I ended up finding a much smaller number of women that I got along with really well. Our personalities mesh, and we all have a great sense of humor (and a healthy grasp on reality). No, your baby is not going to die if you eat unheated deli meats. No, your baby will not get the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck if you lift your arms above your head. Most likely, your kid will be fine (until you manage to screw something up). Quit stressing and go eat some sushi, right, girls? Oh, and have some caffeine while you're at it.
Our little throng has about 50 members now, and we like it that way. We come from all backgrounds and all walks of life, we're various ages and in different stages of our lives, and we're scattered all over the place (mostly in the U.S.). Some of us already have kids (of all ages), and others will be first-time moms in May. It is so much fun to communicate with these ladies, and it helps keep me somewhat sane. I don't always get to spend much time online with them (I do have to be a mom and a wife occasionally), but when I do, it's very rewarding, and I usually end up laughing hysterically at some point.
The best thing that's coming up? Our baby gift swap! We were each assigned another group member, and we're making something for her baby. Sometime before Baby comes, I'll get a gift from Jenn, whom I've never met, made especially for my little one! I made my gift for Kelli already, and I can't wait to send it to her! Super fun!
So, here's an official nerd shout-out to my BCFC girlies! I love you all! Thanks so much for the little bits of "me time" that you've given me!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you, too!!
ReplyDelete