Home again, home again...
It was so nice to be back home, where I could lounge on the couch when I wanted to, dig around in my refrigerator if I got hungry, and shower in my own bathroom. Wonderful. Added bonus: no nurses barging in to bother me (us) at 3:00 in the morning. Oh, and no needles.
Thursday afternoon, Anna woke up and started fussing because she wanted to eat. We had just been giving her bottles in the hospital, while I was using a pump to try and stimulate milk production. I noticed that it seemed like my milk was coming in, so I decided to try and nurse Anna, just to see if that time would be different. I had a lot of hesitation because it had been a negative experience (for us both) up to that point, but I really wanted it to work out.
Anna latched on after a little fussing and confusion, and the next thing I knew, she was nursing like a champ! I was so happy, I started to cry! Since the day we came home from the hospital, she has been 100% breastfed. No formula! Yay!
As for all the other typical newborn stuff, she's great! She's an excellent sleeper, and she's so laid-back. We have had very few issues with our sweet little girl.
So, was it worth it? The sleepless nights, horrible back/hip/leg pain, the headaches, the blood pressure problems, the incessant heartburn, the anxiety and stress...???
ABSOLUTELY!

No comments:
Post a Comment