-

-

Monday, August 8, 2011

Do NOT try this at home.

Two words that should never be put together: GREEN and EGGS.

My kids love Dr. Seuss. We own several of his books, and they are read very frequently before nap and bed times in our house. With that in mind, I had the brilliant idea (and I'm sure I'm not the first, so don't judge) to make green eggs for the kids one day. I just knew they would get a kick out of it. 

They did.



Their reaction: "Green eggs! Look how green they are! It's like in the book, Green Eggs and Ham!" And they proceeded to try to quote the entire book with their mouths full of turkey bacon.

My reaction: "What in the world was I thinking? This is so disgusting. *gag* I can't believe they're eating this stuff! *gag* I'm never doing this again, so they better enjoy it and *gag* remember it."

Yeah, it was gross. I mean, look at the putrid green color of the slimy eggs? If that's not enough to make you crawl under the table and cry, I don't know what is.

No more green eggs. That is all.

*Note: please excuse my naked children. We know them too well to allow them to eat with their clothing on. Especially food that has been *gag* dyed green. *gag*

1 comment: