Some of you saw my post from last year about this day. We lost three babies in 2010: one in February, one in April, and one in July. I have never experienced heartbreak like that, and I would love nothing more than for every woman in the world to be spared from going through it as well. The horrible reality is, however, that 1 in 4 women will suffer some sort of infant loss, be it a miscarriage, a stillbirth, or the passing of their newborn baby.
One year later, I feel as though God has really brought healing to my body and my mind. I was holding Anna the other day, watching her sleep, when I was hit with a sudden thought. If any of those other babies had survived, she would never have been born. I wouldn't have my precious baby girl, who I love more than anything. It doesn't ease the sting of the losses, but I am so incredibly grateful for the gift that we've been given. It is just another lesson in timing: that God's timing is most definitely not the same as our timing. Even if we don't like what we're going through, and even if we don't understand it, He knows the purpose, and that's all that matters.
So, again, I'm dedicating this post to my babies. My four living babies, who bless me daily, and my three babies in Heaven that I hope to meet one day.
For my February, April, and July 2010 Babies.
Mommy loved you from the moment you were created!
No comments:
Post a Comment