-

-

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Boys' Birthdays

December is full of important dates, but there are two days that really deserve a celebration. My two little ginger boys' birthdays!

This year was harder on me than the past several, because I had to acknowledge that Ethan and Nicholas are no longer my "babies." Ethan is five. FIVE. FIVE YEARS OLD. I literally had tears running down my face when that realization hit me earlier in the month. He's just getting so old. It's not fair.

Nicky's birthday is first, on December 4th. He's the big number FOUR now! The boys had a joint birthday party, but I made sure to take a picture of each on their actual birth day.

 Nicky, age 4
In desperate need of a haircut.

 Ethan's big day was on the 22nd. Did I mention that he's FIVE years old?! Jeez.

My firstborn, all grown up.
*sniffle...
 
So, we had a joint birthday party, mostly because it's nearly impossible to schedule anything in December. It's just an insane month for everyone, I think. (*Don't get pregnant from the end of February - beginning of April)

I tried so hard to talk them out of it, but the boys just had to have a Spider-man theme. I saw nothing but red and blue for weeks beforehand, I swear. All in all, it turned out really well and we had lots of fun!

 
I had red and blue frosting all over my kitchen.
If you've never decorated a cake, one-handed, while holding a baby, you should try it. Call it a personal challenge or something.

 They really do like each other.

 Make a wish!

 My nephew, Ian. He's so CUTE!
He enjoyed carrying that bat around.

Daddy helped Zoe - she's vertically challenged.

My niece, Bailey.
I think she was scared to hit it really hard. 

 
Ethan's turn!
(Future baseball player.)

Presents! The boys got lots of fun things.


And the boys gave Ian a ride in their truck.

It was a good day, and we all had lots of fun. I'm so glad it's over, though! Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment