Shopping is difficult for me. Have you ever taken two toddlers and a baby to a clothing store by yourself? Basically, it's close to impossible. God forbid I have to try anything on, because there is no way I'd be able to keep all three of them corralled in the dressing room. Nicholas would probably run out while I was changing, and I'd be forced to chase him around the store half-dressed or something. Anyway, this problem forced me to wait until the last minute to go shopping.
Tuesday morning, I dropped the kids off at the Alexanders' and sped into Austin. I hit the first store and started grabbing every dress I could find that I thought would work. The third dress I tried on was perfect. The price was a little high, so I found an employee and told her, "I have to have this dress, but it needs to be a lot cheaper. Can you make it cheaper?" She thought it was funny, but she figured out a way to give me a discount. Just to be sure, I asked her to hold it for me, and ran through a few more stores to make sure I didn't see anything else I liked better. No luck, so I headed back. I ended up getting a $95 dress for $65. Still pricey, but totally worth it. I found some not-so-expensive shoes, and hopped back in the car.
Talk about timing. I left the Alexanders' around noon, and I got back around 3:00. I am the shopping master. (Applause) Thank you, thank you. Sharon (my mother in-law) just looked at me in shock and said, "How did you do that so fast?!"
Anyway, Nathan and I got all dressed up and left the house at about 6:30. I was so excited! We got to Bass Concert Hall a little early and spent a few minutes wandering around. When we were finally seated, we just looked at each other in shock because we were so close to the stage! I knew our seats were pretty good, but when you actually sit down, it's just amazing.
The show was outstanding! Of all the times I've seen it, this was the absolute best. The musical talent was beyond incredible. We had such a great time!
I'm so sad that the US tour is closing, because that means that this was definitely my last time to see the show. I keep hoping something will change, because I really would love to see it again (and again...and again...). Thank goodness they made the movie (finally), and it is really good, because I'll just have to settle for watching that instead.

So where is the picture of you two, all dressed up? I want to see the dress. I'm glad you had a good time. I've only seen Phantom once, in NYC. It was great. I imagine the US tour will come back in a few years. It's too popular of a show to stay closed for long. If you ever need somebody to watch your babies while you run errands, let me know. I don't mind.
ReplyDeleteI just saw it in Las Vegas in Feb. It was amazing. I think the set theatre there is built specifically for it, including electronic people in balconies. I'm sure it will be there for a long time so you can always plan a cheap vacation someday for you two. Its one of the cheapest places to go (if you don't gamble, that is).
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun and WTG on the dress!
Stacy, we didn't get a picture. I know, I know...I'm kicking myself. It was a chaotic day and there just was never a good time. Maybe we'll get all dressed up and take a picture just for fun one day. Thanks also for offering to watch the kids. I appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteLiz, it IS amazing! I would love to see it in Vegas, but it's so much more tempting to go to NYC and see it on Broadway! I'm glad you got to see it...it's a great experience.