This year, the Ringling Bros. that came to Austin had the "Zing Zang Zoom" theme, which included a lot of magic acts and illusions. They even made an elephant disappear! I'm still trying to figure that one out. :)
I got some semi-decent pictures. Keep in mind that my big zoom lens is on its last legs (one day I'll get around to buying a new one) and it was extremely dark. Enjoy!
The opening.
Clowns!
Tightrope walkers.
These guys were seriously talented.
Watching them made me nervous and dizzy!
Begging elephants?
That's not as impressive as...
I would love for someone to explain how you can train an elephant to stand on its head/trunk. If anyone knows, please tell me!
Mad kitty!
I don't think I'd want to be inside that enclosure.
This made me dizzy, too.
Especially when they were on top, doing flips, while it was spinning around.
Yikes.
There were some pretty amazing things done by some seriously talented people. I can't even imagine the training and physical demands that those tricks require.
We had couple of problems with going to see the circus Wednesday night. First, we chose to go on opening night, when the show was extra late (7:30 start time) so we could get cheaper tickets. This was a problem because we had to leave the house at dinnertime, and we were just getting into the show during the boys' bedtime. Considering that they were both really hungry and very tired, they actually behaved well. I don't think we'll do that again, because $4.00 hot dogs aren't worth it (I could hear Nathan's wallet whimpering). Another big problem was that the show was over two hours long. That's a long time for two little boys to sit still and watch something. It was pretty overwhelming for them, because there are always so many things happening at once, so they weren't sure what they were supposed to be watching. Ethan kept wanting to leave (got a little bored, I think), so Nathan took him out a couple of times. Taking all this into consideration, I think they still had a good time, and didn't really give us any trouble.
Maybe next year we'll just go by ourselves and enjoy it, minus the kids. All in all, it was a fun night, but I don't think we'll go to a late show next time. We're too old to stay up that late. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment