-

-

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zoe's TWO!

I can't believe that my baby is a two year-old now. It's a bittersweet time. I don't want her to get older, because I need her to be my sweet little girl forever, but I'm also excited to watch her grow and become an individual with such a unique personality. It's so hard to be a mommy sometimes!

We're celebrating her birthday this weekend, so yesterday wasn't really that special for her. In fact, if you read my previous post, you'll learn that it was downright awful. She did get to wear her "Birthday Girl" shirt all day, and she got lots of random "Happy Birthdays" from strangers everywhere we went. She seemed pretty proud to be the center of attention.


 Since she had her two year-old check up yesterday, I have some updated Zoe statistics. She's now about 28 pounds (minus clothing) and in the 80th percentile for weight, and she's 32 1/2 inches tall and in the 10th percentile for height. Basically, she's short and chunky, just like her mother. Poor child.

I got a chance to talk with her pediatrician about Zoe's dairy allergy, and we agreed to do a blood test, just to assess the level of the allergy. I'm wondering whether or not she's going to grow out of it, and the doctor seemed to think we could get a good idea from the test. Although we haven't poked her yet, we'll probably do it soon. There was a lot going on yesterday, and I didn't want to add that to the mix. We just didn't have time.

Developmentally, she's doing so well. The child can speak in full sentences - paragraphs, even! Sometimes I can't believe that it's a two year-old speaking to me, and I have to remind myself that she's still pretty young before I start raising all my expectations to unrealistic levels. She's got such a determined attitude about everything that she does, and she loves to pick up new skills or pieces of information. Little Miss Independent! And she may be short, but she's not afraid to hold her own, especially when her brothers are picking on her.

We love our ZuZu, and are so excited about the little lady she's becoming. We can't wait to celebrate her birthday this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment