My mom has approximately five billion pictures of my brother and me. I've been able to borrow a few of them to scan, in hopes that I can keep them forever and reproduce them if I want to. I was thinking about them this week, and decided that I would try to post one here each week. We'll see how diligent I can be about that. You never know what's going to happen over here!
Since I'm about to gain another year (yep, the big 3-0), I thought a birthday picture would be perfect for starters.
April 12, 1981
I hope my mom doesn't feel embarrassed about the picture, but I think she looks beautiful! This picture means so much to me, for so many different reasons. I was a little emotional when I pulled it up to post. Look at my mom's face - she's in love! (Either that, or she's plotting her escape...as soon as my dad puts down the camera.) My relationship with my mom is one of the best things about my life, and this is where it all began! Now that I have children, and am about to have another, I understand exactly what she was feeling when this picture was taken. I also have so much respect for my parents in general, because raising children is no easy task!
I won't post her labor and delivery story here, but there are some really funny bits. For example, when they arrived at the hospital, my dad took the time to stop and show the nurses that his socks matched (so they couldn't tease him about rushing and being frazzled). Also, I didn't cry when I was born. I was too busy sucking on my fist, which I had shoved into my mouth at some point during delivery. Just like in the picture.
I won't post her labor and delivery story here, but there are some really funny bits. For example, when they arrived at the hospital, my dad took the time to stop and show the nurses that his socks matched (so they couldn't tease him about rushing and being frazzled). Also, I didn't cry when I was born. I was too busy sucking on my fist, which I had shoved into my mouth at some point during delivery. Just like in the picture.
I love you SO much, Mom!

Happy Early Birthday! You'll beat me to 30 by a month and 7 days. Maybe you can have your baby on my birthday? ;)
ReplyDelete