We had a big monster bash for Miss Anna Beth on Sunday, and were able to celebrate Mother's Day with all the mommies as well.
We ended up having the party at about 1:00 so I could feed everyone lunch. It turned out to be a lot of fun, because we had some monster-themed munchies.
Like these little guys that I made for all the kids.
We also had monster eyeballs (meatballs), monster toes (pigs in a blanket), and monster juice (water and tea). I got a big platter of deli meats and cheeses, different kinds of bread, and my mom made ham and chicken salad. Sharon brought chips and dip (including some yummy salsa that Hannah made), and we had more than enough to feed everyone!
Decorating was a lot of fun.
I made a monster banner by cutting these cute little guys out of felt.
The kids decorated a few balloons with monster faces (and Anna LOVED them!).
And crepe paper is a must for all kids' birthdays, I think.
It makes a good backdrop, if nothing else!
And here's the cake!
I have to say, this may have been the easiest and most cooperative of all the birthday cakes I've made thus far.
I like this fuzzy guy.
I also made these!
Cute, right? The kids liked them.
After lunch and some time to visit, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Anna, Ethan blew out her candle, and we got ready for some cake. However, it wasn't just Mother's Day on Sunday, it was also my nephew Ian's birthday! So, we had to sing again, of course!
I made him a mini monster cake like Anna's.
He thought it was great!
CAKE TIME!
She immediately started to smoosh it with her hands.
Check out the look in her eyes. She's super excited!
"You mean I can eat this?!"
That's more like it!
She ate the entire thing! Thank goodness it was small, or the child would have been in a sugar-induced coma. Then, we cut the cake so everyone else could have some as well. The inside was colorful!
Death by artificial coloring.
Next up - presents! Anna got some really fun things, and a couple of adorable outfits. The toys were a huge hit with all the kids.
"Open it, Mom!!"
My big girl, with a pink-stained face.
Zoe has to teach her how to use it.
Or maybe she can just play with Daddy's sunglasses.
Ian got to open presents, too!
Yay for birthdays! I have to say, though, I am so glad it's over. I get a break now until next December, when I have to do the boys' again. I'm going to enjoy my time off, for sure! It really was a lot of fun, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves (or I hope they did!). I miss our family when we're not together, and this gives us all a reason to hang out, so it's totally worth the preparation and planning!
Happy birthday, Nanner!





















You did such a great job with the party! Anna is a doll! :)
ReplyDelete