-

-

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started on Saturday, when I was over at my parents' house with the kiddos. My dad had managed to sneak off and buy roses for my mother and for me (they were supposed to be "from the kids"). He's so adorable sometimes. He wrangled Ethan and Nick-Nick down the hallway and gave them the flowers with strict instructions on how to present them to us. Ethan marches into the living room, flowers in hand, he hands them to me and announces, "Happy Monkey Day!" Of course, my mom and I start giggling. Then, Nicholas hands my mom her flowers and stands silent. My dad starts prodding him. "Nicky, what are you supposed to tell Grammy?" After a few seconds of confusion, Nicky exclaims, "Happy Birthday!!"

I love my kids. There is always something to laugh about. Anyway, here are my Mother's Day flowers. Aren't they pretty?



I thought so.

So, Sunday morning, after the usual craziness had subsided a bit, Ethan brings me a piece of paper and yells "Happy's Money Day!" in my face. Of course, that made me laugh again. Maybe he'll get it right next year. Anyway, Nathan got me a gift certificate to go get a pedicure. Yay! The best thing about it: my parents got one for me at Christmas that I haven't used yet, so now I have two pedicures waiting for me. Ahhhhhh...I feel so pampered already. I just have to figure out when I might actually have time to go!

We went to the Alexanders' for lunch, and Beth had a really elaborate meal planned. I wanted to help her, but she wouldn't let me do much, so I just washed a lot of dishes and kept her company. Everything was REALLY good! We missed the cake, because it wasn't finished when we left, but I'm hoping we'll still get to try some.

The boys got to go out on the lake in the rowboat, which they really liked. Timothy was fishing a little, and they really enjoyed watching him. Apparently, he managed to catch the same fish several times! Once we left, the kids were asleep before we even made it to the highway. They were totally worn out.

It was a good weekend. I am so blessed as a mother! I have the three most amazing, beautiful children in the world, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I really hope all the mommies out there had a spectacular Monkey/Money's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment