-

-

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Gospel according to Zoe

One day, Zoe was thumbing through the illustrated children's Bible that I used to read when I was little. I heard her mumbling to herself, and peeked around the corner to see what she was up to. She was reading to one of her stuffed animals. When she noticed that I was watching her and listening, she smiled and came over to show me what she was looking at. Then, she proceeded to "read" the Bible to me (backwards, of course - it's the best way). 

This is the Gospel, according to Zoe. (Sorry for the awful pictures.)

"One day, God died on a cross."


"Then, they all ate some food."


"Then, Mary rode on a donkey."


 "And he put some dirt on that man's face."


"And then they saw a MUMMY!!"


At this point, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Poor Lazarus! I'm hoping that we'll get a chance to do the Old Testament next time. Can't wait to see what she does with that.

1 comment: