-

-

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dr. Seuss would be so proud

A few months ago, I got back in touch with a relative of mine that I hadn't seen in quite a few years. My third cousin, Andrea, came to my wedding (almost eight years ago), and that was the last time I saw her. Thanks to the fabulous online world of Facebook, we've reconnected and gotten to be friends! In that time, Andrea discovered that she has a talent for painting shirts, so now she makes custom orders and sells them. I was super excited about this because I had some shirts I'd been wanting to get for the boys for a long time, and they were really expensive every place I'd looked. So, I decided to ask Andrea if she could make them. The end result was AWESOME!!

 They love their shirts!

The best part about all this is that Andrea delivered the shirts herself and brought her little boy, James, to play with my munchkins at my parents' house. Her mom, Cary, came as well, so my mom got to see her cousin for the first time in years. It was so great to get to visit and catch up with one another! I think the kids had a lot of fun together, and we'll definitely have to do it again really soon.

Andrea and her satisfied customers.

She made a surprise shirt for Zoe as well, but I haven't taken a picture of her wearing it yet. It's so cute! I'm already trying to figure out what else I want her to make for us. :) I'm sure I could come up with a lot of things!

1 comment:

  1. Those shirts are awesome. I love them. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete