-

-

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Fifth of July

Since we didn't actually celebrate on the fourth, here is my belated holiday post. May our country forgive me. I won't post a bunch of pictures, because we basically did the same things on Memorial Day, but there are a few I want to share. 

 I remember putting the slide into out little plastic swimming pool when I was a kid. Fun!
I think I put our little trampoline in there, too.

Jazz hands!

This is my new favorite picture.
And, for the record, this is the only time when fat and a bikini are a good combination.

My little waterbug and her Grammy.
According to Nicholas, they are eating "Hopsittles."

Then, of course, we had to head inside for lunchtime and naps. Once dinnertime rolled around, my grandparents came over. It was so good to see them! It's hard to visit at their house because it's not an easy place to childproof, and it's a little difficult to venture over there by myself with all the kiddos. We really need to try, though, because they love to see us, and we don't get to spend much time with them anymore. Now that the boys are older, I think we could probably handle it better.

Anyway, my dad made brisket, ribs and sausage, and it was SO good! Lucky for us, there was more than enough food, so I got to take some home. Mmmm...my refrigerator smells delicious.


It was a good day. I hope you all got to spend time with friends and family, and that you have a spectac

1 comment: