-

-

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch: Day Three

Oh, boy. Today was a difficult one. Not only were we insanely busy in the craft room, but I had some drama with my kiddos that threw me for a loop.

The boys went home with my mother in-law yesterday to spend the night, so it was just me and Miss Zoe this morning. When she woke up, I noticed that her nose was running like a faucet and she had the cough of a an emphysema patient. Lovely. I took her temperature, and she didn't have a fever, so I wasn't sure what to do. After an hour of indecision, I finally called my mother to see if she could watch her while I went to VBS. I didn't want to risk spreading the plague to the other children, because I don't know if she's contagious.

Shortly after setting up in the church, I got a message from Nathan. Apparently, Nicholas started running a low-grade fever, and my brother and sister in-law were going to watch him so my mother in-law could come work at VBS. Ethan was the only child with me at the church today, and that was so strange. I'd forgotten what it was like to have only one kid! It's EASY!

Anyway, we made it through the day. Lots of painting, bolo-making and picture-taking went on, and we managed to surface at the end. I'll have to ask Kathleen how many kids we had today; I didn't get the official count. I would share some more pictures, but my memory card is out of commission at the moment, as we are having photos of all the VBS kids developed to send home with them. I hope I get my card back! There are some cute pictures of the boys on there, too!

Unfortunately, I'm still feeling extremely icky...fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. I'm planning to try to be there tomorrow, depending on how the munchkins are doing. We're painting bandanas, and it should be really fun (and really messy)! A room full of young, hyperactive kiddos + fabric paint = interesting stories to tell parents. Fun times. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we're having fun times here, too. First Shelby was sick, then Tuesday Skyla spiked a fever, and now this morning, Travis is running a low grade fever out of nowhere. If my kids got yours sick at church Sunday, I'm sorry. And Later, I get to go sit in the WIC office for a while! Yay! How fun is that? I'd much rather be at VBS.

    ReplyDelete